"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

KEY #3: VISUALIZE

Join me for one more walking excursion today, and next week we'll climb into our vehicle of choice and get it moving!

Our key for this week is the 3rd one:  "Visualize."  Now you have the L,I, and V.  Maybe you can guess the first word of the contest phrase?  Remember, you only get one guess for the whole phrase, so make sure you are right!


Bible verse for the week:  "Thy Word is a lamp to my feet, and a light to my path."  Psalm 119:105
I am one of those pathetic persons who are directionally challenged.  It's true; the root cause for my infirmity is buried deep inside my subconscious store of childhood experiences.  You see, my father could always tell what direction was north.  Even if you planted him in the center of a corn field with 7 foot stalks, he'd find his way out.  Now my mother was a different story.  She, and her best friend, Shirley (although both were very intelligent and capable women), didn't seem to get the concept of North, East, South and West.  Since they were my primary role models as a young girl, I grew up thinking it was unfeminine to know where I was!
Fortunately, my daughter didn't succumb to that unrealistic concept.  She has led me from many restrooms back to our camping spot when we travelled together!
But I'm good with maps.  I can navigate quite well if I have a map.
Fortunately God's Word, the Bible, is a map. It is also a lamp that lights up the roadway that God has laid out for me.
Reading and studying it daily helps me to see where I was. . . lost in sin, 
where I am. . . walking with God clinging tightly to His outstretched hand, 
and what my final destination is. . . heaven.


God's "map" shows me my strengths and the characteristics I need to work on, with the help of His Spirit.  It also encourages me when I see progress I have made.
Talking with Him in prayer helps me to set goals and specific plans to reach them.

God made each of us unique.  For a long time I struggled against envy and jealousy, wishing I was like someone else and even trying to become like her.  Then I came to my senses and realized that God made me the way I am for a specific reason.  God did not want two "Mary Janes"or whomever I admired at the time.  He wanted one "Mary Jane" and one "Linda Ruth."  What a relief!  Now I am free to discover who I am and put those discoveries to use in setting my goals.  I make a much better Linda Ruth than a Mary Jane!  God knew what He was doing when He created me. . . and you!
Let's ask God to help us visualize the road He has prepared for us to explore.

Join me next week and we'll get our motors running!

No comments:

Post a Comment