"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

ABUNDANT LIVING KEY #4: ENERGIZE

Have you signed up yet for your free e-book, Joshua's Story?
You can also sign up in the box on the right side to get all my blogs delivered to your inbox!


I once heard someone say, "You can't steer a car that isn't moving."  So true.  Today we'll use Key #4 to find out how to ENERGIZE our vehicles as we journey on with Jesus.
*Note for those in participating in the contest:  Add the "E" from Energize to the previous key letters and see what you get!

Bible verse for the week:  "For in Him we live and move and exist . . ."  Acts 17:28a
Instead of gasoline (which has gotten way too expensive), we'll fill our tanks with . . .
                                                                   . . . the 3 Productive P's:  Power, Praise and Prayer.  
The first "P" is Power.  First of all, let's pour some power into our tanks by plugging into the source of power, the almighty God.  When I unplug my television set, the picture doesn't appear.  I plug it in, and voila!  The show begins!
Likewise, we won't produce positive results for eternity (remember the pulp from Key #2?) if our spirits are not "plugged in" to God.  We plug in. . . leave the cord attached. . . as we connect to God's Spirit through submission to His will, Bible reading and conversation with Him.  And watch out for sin.  Sin is a great "cord-yanker!"  
The second "P" is Praise.  Praising God comforts and encourages me because it turns my focus away from my problems and difficulties to remembering who God is. . . the awesome Creator.  "For nothing will be impossible with God."  Luke 1:37
A phrase in Psalm 116:17 stumped me for a long time.  It refers to the "sacrifice of praise (or thanksgiving)."  How, I wondered, can praising God be a sacrifice?  Then it occurred to me that when I find myself in tough circumstances. . . even painful circumstances. . . and I choose to "sacrifice" my feelings of despair and cancel my pity party to simply praise God for who He is, I give Him a great gift.  Whenever I let my anxiety go and sincerely praise and thank God, He gives me a gift in return, the "peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension. . . " Philippians 4:7a
The third "P" is Prayer.  Through talking with God and trusting Him, we unleash His power. . . the power that can move mountains and bring strong men to their knees, the same power that raised Jesus Christ from the dead, according to Ephesians 1:18-20.
So let's fill up our tanks with the 3 Productive P's and get those vehicles running!

No comments:

Post a Comment