"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

KEY #9: ORDER . . . SELF-CONTROL

Two more keys to go in the first stage of our exploration in the Land of Abundant Life!  In fact, this is an exciting pivotal point in our journey!  Today we are privileged to pick up a Master Key that will open tons of doors.  In fact, this particular key is essential in order to open a vast assortment of doors:  doorways of the Land of Abundant Life . . . to greater satisfaction, purpose, fulfillment, even the meaning of life!
This amazing key opens the door to Order . . . the orderly life of one lived with self-control.
Does this sound confining to you?  Well, it is actually the opposite, because you see, if I lack self-control, everything else will control me!  This key holds the ultimate invitation to freedom!  Don't be afraid to use it!
If I fail to lavishly use my key of Self-Control, I'll be a slave to my wants and wishes.  I'll live only for the moment, ignoring the future which will eventually become today.  I'll give in to addictive habits, trading my dreams for chains.
My life will leave no pulp behind (Remember Blog #     )???
It's simply a question of freedom . . . free to be all that God intended me to become or a prisoner of my temporary desires and fleeting whims.  
God is the God of order, not chaos.  In Galatians 5:1a, the apostle Paul tells us "It was for freedom that Christ set us free . . . "  Isn't that one of the most logical statements you have ever heard?  Why should we carelessly cast aside our God-given freedom that Jesus paid so dearly for through His tremendous sacrifice on the cross and instead pick up a life of chains that He died to free us from?
Let's hang onto this key and value it highly.  Don't loose it!!!

Next week, our last key will inspire us to more exciting surprises on the Road of Abundant Living!

Hmmmmm, thinking about order, guess I'd better go and clean my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment