"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

SAFE IN MY FATHER'S HAND

Welcome!  Today's blog is sort of a transition between my completed series of the letters spelling the phrase ''LIVE FOR GOD" and the next series which I hope to begin next week.
The month of September has been as crazy as summer was, so far, and I still am waiting to return to my "normal" schedule, whatever that is!  Some days my "To-Do" List gets longer instead of shorter!  Today is one of those days, so for my blog today I'm going to show a drawing I did of my Daddy's hand when I was in 10th grade and just discovering that I could draw!

As I've written before, I could always find security in my daddy's arms as a child.  And now, as an adult, I find my security in my heavenly Father's arms.  I decided to post today a quote from my novel, The Rose Journal, that explains how I now feel about my heavenly Father.
One of the main characters explains:  "The Bible says, 'underneath are the everlasting arms.'  I picture in my mind the hand of God that is so big I can lay my whole body on it.  I just curl up and rest there, knowing He's got me safe and protected.  He holds me above all the suffering and heartache this world can throw at me.  His fingers are open enough to let the trials of life sweep in and over me as much as is needed for my spiritual growth.  But His fingers are curved so that I can never fall from his hand.  One day, He'll close those fingers firmly around me and let all the contamination of the world fall away.  And He'll shake the last, remaining drops off His hand and lift me up to heaven to be forever with Him."

Have a blessed week living for Jesus!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful word picture, Linda! thank you! What a lovely thought to start my day with!

    ReplyDelete