"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

KEY M#1: TO TOUCH ETERNITY

In honor of Mother's Day this past Sunday, I am digging another writing out of my personal library archives here in the Land of Abundant Living.  I wrote this letter when my children were young, and it is a composite of my memories with all three of them.

TO TOUCH ETERNITY
It began when God allowed me to share in the creation of life.
It will never end.
You were my china doll.  I played with your tiny, perfect fingers and toes.  I held you close and stroked your soft cheeks and silken hair.  I dressed you in a white flannel kimono I had worn as a baby and in which I had swaddled my childhood dolls.
I played with you every day. . . and I never put you away.
You grew.  I saw you take your first step and heard you speak your first word.  You gave me butterfly kisses and "neffer-neffer" hugs.  (You held me tightly and whispered, "I'll neffer, neffer let you go" until I tickled you to get away and we giggled and giggled together.)
I told you about Jesus.  You looked at the big Bible with all the pictures in it and felt bad when you saw Jesus on the cross.  "Owie, owie," you cried as you pointed to the nail marks on His hands and feet.
You prayed for a whole year to see a rainbow.  When one finally appeared, I bundled you up in your bright yellow raincoat and carried you outside so I could observe the wonder in your eyes.
I led you to Christ.  I heard you ask Him to forgive you and to come and live in your heart.  I saw your radiant face the day you were baptized.
I wiped your tears and kissed your owies.  I prayed and sent you out into the world.
I swelled with pride for you . . . and cried for you.  
I let you go . . . and held you in my heart.
I touched Eternity through your eyes and your hands, as I watched your soul unfold like the opening of the petals of a rose.  I thank God for the gift of you.
Remember when we strolled along the red sandy beaches of Prince Edward Island at sunset, hand in hand?  God showed me a glimpse of our future.  When our time on earth is over . . . the sunset of our world . . . we'll be holding hands in Heaven, you and me, walking along the golden streets with Jesus.
If I get there first, I'll be watching for you, ready to guide you safely into the arms of Jesus.


Please join me next week for a new series!

No comments:

Post a Comment