"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

KEY # SB5: THE WORLD IS MINE!

I found the poem!  I've been searching for it and praying to find it for some time now, so I decided that today must be the appropriate time to print it!  Last week's blog was on a "New Song"  and I am continuing on with the theme of praise.
My mother posted this poem on the wall in our kitchen when was growing up, and I think of it every now and then when I am tempted to sink into the Dangerous Mire of the Malady of Discontent.
How can I ever, in this wonderful Land of Abundant Living, submit myself to such a disastrous state?

"The World is Mine" by Unknown Author  (I changed one word because the modern meaning has a different connotation than it did when this poem was composed.)
Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely maid with golden hair.
I envied her, she seemed so free;
I wished that I might be as fair.
And then, when suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle.
She had one foot and wore a crutch
But as she passed, a smile.
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine!
I have two feet; the world is mine!

And when I stopped to buy some sweets
The lad who sold them had such charm
That when he gave my change to me
I gently grasped his out-stretched arm.
I talked to him and told him that
His smile had brightened up my mind.
He said to me, "It's nice to talk with you.
You see," he meekly said, "I'm blind."
Oh God, forgive me when I whine!  
I have two eyes; the world is mine!


Then walking down the street I saw a
Little boy with eyes of blue.
He stood and watched the others play;
It seemed he knew not what to do.
I stopped a moment and then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word;
And then I knew he could not hear.
Oh God, forgive me when I whine!  
I have two ears; the world is mine!

With feet to take me where I go
With eyes to see the sun aglow
With ears to hear what I want to know
Oh God forgive me when I whine!
I'm blessed indeed; the world is mine!


Please join me next week when I pick up my two grandsons for an adventurous ride through the Land of Abundant Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment