"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

KEY SA#5: "IT WILL GO WELL . . . "


As I write this on Tuesday, November 6th, after placing my vote, I have no idea who will be our president tomorrow.  But I do know that God is still in charge and will continue to be in charge of our country and He will, in His perfect wisdom, allow what will we need and what will give Him glory.  His love is perfect and His justice is perfect.
Whoever wins the election, changes and adjustments will be required of us.  Our culture has been degenerating; I feel like I'm living in a different country from the one where I grew up.  Since I was sick this past week, I have spent more time than usual in front of our television, resting.  The channel my husband and I enjoy the most is ME TV from Minneapolis, MN.  It displays the old shows that we watched as children and teenagers.  Please forgive me for commenting on  "the good old days."  As a child and young adult, I always hated to hear grown-ups talking like their "youth worlds" were so much better than mine.  And I'm truly not claiming that, because after all, it was my generation of the sixties that promoted the drug culture and the Hippie "free sex" movement!
But in the fifties, when I was a child, my parents never had to worry about what television shows I saw.  Back in those days, even the bad guys didn't swear (at least not on television)!  The theme of one "Dick Van Dyke" show I watched revolved around the predicament that he and his wife, Mary Tyler Moore, found themselves in when their young son used a "bad word." Of course, we never heard the bad word; they never said it aloud, just whispered it into each other's ear and made horrified faces.  I don't know what it was, because the television stations at that time knew that the typical citizen of our great country would also be shocked to hear that word on TV.
My friends and I could roam the streets of our little town safely at any time of the day or night.  Kidnappers only took children of wealthy people . . . primarily for money, of course!  As a child, I never heard of abortion and I didn't know what a homosexual was until I was full grown.  Now both practices are given status in our country. And while I truly love and have compassion for the people caught up in such situations, I am sad that the practices are commonplace in our modern culture.
Obviously, sin and evil have existed since the time of Adam and Eve, but at least where and when I grew up, most people recognized that God was supreme and when we died, we would "meet our Maker."  There was a healthy respect; even those who were not Christians generally lived by (at least superficially) by Christian values and showed respect for God.
I am praying that God will send repentance and revival to our nation; that we will once again become the Christian nation that our founders established and provided for in our unique constitution, a country that respected and defended religious freedom for all citizens.  But since I cannot predict our future, I will also share words of comfort from Isaiah 3:10, where in the midst of a discourse on the wickedness of the culture of the nation, Israel, at that time period, God spoke through the prophet to assure His people, "Say to the righteous that it will go well with them, for they will eat the fruit of their actions."
MAY GOD BLESS AMERICA AGAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment