"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

KEY #P4: SLIPS AND FALLS

My youngest son, J, is quite creative.  One day when he was two years old, I found him in the dining room looking under the table, behind the drapes and various other places.  My curiosity aroused, I inquired if he had lost something.  
"I lost my imagination," he replied.  
"Oh no, you haven't!" I responded.  

Another time J came up to me and asked me to guess what he had behind his back.  After a few unsuccessful attempts, I gave up.  
"What do you have for me?" I asked.  
He stretched his empty arms out wide and with a beaming smile replied, "A big hug!"  Happily, I claimed my gift.

However, I began to question my young son's understanding of integrity after an incident in our home one day.
Two-year-old J was bouncing up the stairs in his usual manner when he tripped and fell.  Hearing his cries, I rushed to him and, trying not to show alarm, calmly questioned, "What happened?"
Dark brown eyes studied me cautiously as he picked himself up.  "E pushed me!" he pouted, referring to his older sister . . . who happened to be at school at the time.  J and I were alone in the house.
I shook my head and tried hard to quench a smile that threatened to break out at the thought of the irrational logic my son used to excuse his fall.

However, I'm afraid that my own well-thought out rationalizations of slips and falls into sin appear equally illogical to my heavenly Father.
And I'm also quite sure that when I succumb to that practice God doesn't fight a tendency to smile.
Father, help me to be honest with You, face up to my sins and accept Your forgiveness so that You can transform me into the person You want me to become.  

"S", "L" and "T" so far.  Any ideas for the contest?  (See the box at the right)

No comments:

Post a Comment