"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

KEY #P3: LET ME TALK!

"I'm mad at Mr. Rogers!"  my three-year-old son, K, announced.  He had been engrossed in the popular childrens' television show hosted by the gentle, tender-hearted man called Mr. Rogers who inspired self-esteem in his listeners as he entertained them.
"How," I thought to myself, "can anybody be mad at Mr. Rogers?"
Aloud I said, "Why are you angry?"
My son's lower lip protruded slightly as he protested, "Mr. Rogers never lets me talk to him."
Smothering a smile, I attempted to explain how television relationships operate differently from real life situations.  
Enlightened, but somewhat disheartened, K returned to his play.
As I went about my work, I pondered over the frustration I encounter when I try to communicate with someone who rambles on and on without giving me a chance to get a word in edgewise.


Then I thought of my own prayer life.  Does God get frustrated with me when I bombard Him with request after request, then tie it all together with a quick "Amen" and go about my busy-ness?
Lord, help me to pause frequently in prayer, to give You silences to fill with Your thoughts and directives for my life.

Are you keeping track of the letters to spell a word that can mean "Prayers?"  Today we have "L".  Last week, we used "T."  Watch next week for the next letter.  Remember, they are not necessarily in order!

No comments:

Post a Comment