"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

KEY #P5: KEEP ME CHATTERING, LORD!

Let's pull another story out of the library stack and find another piece of the Prayer Puzzle . . .


"Help, Father God, I'm going through "kid withdrawal" again!
I thought I was over that when my oldest, E, left for college a couple of years ago.  After crying oceans of tears, I began to adjust.  I got busy with life again and contented myself with phone calls and occasional visits.
I remember the aching emptiness when my youngest child, J, started first grade.  But I got to know myself again.  And there were unexpected surprises.  The first time I baked cookies, it suddenly occurred to me that both beaters were mine to lick.  I didn't have to share them anymore!
But now, Lord, my middle son, K, is a high school senior.  He's got a new job and works twenty hours a week.  He cut his hair short and looks a year older.  His new haircut is fuzzy and he let me rub it.
I hardly see him now. . . between school, jobs and friends.  I write him a lot of notes.
I remember two years ago when I went with him to purchase his first suit.  It was a tender moment.  He turned into a gentleman before my eyes.
Now K is also gradually drifting away.  Oh, he'll always love me but he won't live with me. . . share my home and my daily life.  I'll always have my children's love.  The future offers promising visions of holiday celebrations, weddings and grandchildren.
But it's different.  Life changes.  I miss my daughter's bubbly chatter about friends, boys and dreams.
Joshua still chatters.  Keep him chattering, Lord.
Still, I'm happy.  This is what I wanted.  I yearned for my kids to grow strong in Christ and independent of Mom and Dad.
My heart soars on wings of joy when I see how responsible, motivated and thoughtful they are becoming.  That is the way it should be.


How do you feel, Father God, when I get too busy to chatter to You?
That is not the way it should be!
I will never be independent of You.  In fact, as I get older, my dependency on You increases.
Keep me chattering to You, Lord.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment