"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

KEY #E1: EASTER THROUGH GOD'S EYES

SEEING EASTER . . . THROUGH GOD'S EYES . . . (another writing from my Library Stacks)
It was the night before Easter.  I had spent the entire day in semi-frantic preparations for the holiday.  My house sparkled, clean and shiny like a new toy.  A chocolate cheesecake was cooling in the fridge along with brightly-colored eggs decorated by my youngest son, Joshua.
At ten years, Joshua is a budding artist.  He delights in using colors to create unique designs for the eggs.  He writes the name of a family member or relative on each one.
Sometimes we talk about names.  Joshua feels honored to have his special name.  He knows that "Jesus" is the Greek form of the Hebrew word, "Joshua," which means "the Lord saves."
When I dragged my weary limbs into bed that night and snuggled under the covers, I realized my mind needed redirecting.  Closing my eyes, I tried to focus on Christ and His resurrection, on the joy that comes with knowing Jesus as my Lord and Savior.
Drowsiness threatened to overtake when, unexpectedly, a horrifying image flashed into my mind.
It was a picture of Joshua.  His gentle, innocent face was covered with blood, rivulets of blood streaming down endlessly.
My eyes snapped open.  "Lord," I silently cried out in the oppressive darkness, "take this away.  I don't want a nightmare.  I can't look at this.  I want to think about Easter!"
Then I knew.  I knew that God was showing me the true image of Easter, through His eyes.  The image of His beloved Son, Jesus, whose holy and innocent face was covered with blood, rivulets of blood flowing down endlessly.
This was no brief vision to God.  No nightmare.  This was Reality.  The God of all creation made Himself look upon the agony and torment of His Son, the One who would pay the penalty of sin for the whole world.
I know that I would not be willing to give my son to die for anybody.  Yet God willingly chose to give His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for me . . .  and for you.


"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have eternal life."  John 3:16

No comments:

Post a Comment