"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

KEY SB#11: CLOUDS & CREATION

"I think we need a break," I anounce, yawning and stretching my arms.  "It's such a beautiful day.  Let's go outside and get some sunshine and fresh air."
Both grandsons race me to the doorway of the little country church.  Once outside, two-year-old Little c  jumps and prances like a young calf just let loose from his stall.
"Tag!" he shouts.  "Me it!"
*NOTE FOR NEWCOMERS TO MY BLOG:  I am taking my grandsons for a tour in the Land of Abundant Life this summer.  We are now visiting an old country church that sits near my childhood home.  For more background, please check the archives on the right side.
His older brother,  Big C, laughs.  "You'll have a tough time catching me!"  He takes off like the stream from a water pistol.
"I get Gamma," Little c tags me and I turn around and chase Big C. After about fifteen minutes of constant motion, I collapse on a soft grassy spot on the lawn next to the peaceful church graveyard, panting heavily.
Big C throws his body down next to me and Little c does likewise.  The three of us stretch out on our backs, hands behind our heads for pillows.
"What do you see, Grandma?" Big C asks, "up there in the clouds?"
We gaze intently at the shapes of fluffy, white clouds drifting across a clear, blue sky.
"Me see a bear," Little c sits up and points with delight.  "Dere!"  He nods with satisfaction.  "Wike my teddy."
"Yes!" Big C agrees.  "Do you see him, Grandma?"
"I do.  The big cloud in the middle, right?"
"Yup!  And over there, on the right, do you see the monkey face?"
Little c squints.  "Donno."
"I think so," I respond dubiously.  "Do you know something?  I just thought of a song I learned when I was a teen-ager."  I began to sing:
"Cotton candy clouds so fluffy and white.
Who put them there in a sky of deep blue?
Or do you just happen to float along, 
Pretty and white in a sky so blue?
Mountain, deep valley, fast river, cool stream,
Show grandeur and majesty in some grand scheme.
All of these wonders that we behold, 
Are only a part, it cannot be told,
Master Designer, who ever you are, all of this beauty both near and afar
Can't just have happened; the odds are too great,
There must be a plan, we're not left to fate.
All of this beauty is far too convincing
Master Designer, your word must be true,
Of all your creations man is the dearest,
Help me to simply believe now in You."
"I know God made the clouds, Grandma," says Big C, jumping up, excitedly.  "God made everything!"  He reaches his arms out as far as he can and twirls around.  Little c jumps up and joins him in twirling.
"I see cotton candy clouds!" he shouts with glee.
They stop twirling and land beside me.  We sit together in silence for a moment until Big C thinks of a question.  "The Bible says God made the whole world in only six days.  But some scientists say that's not true.  What do you think, Grandma?"
"Well, Big C, if the Bible says it's true, it is, because God cannot lie.  Scientists are always discovering more facts that support the Bible."
"But one of my friends told me that a day in God's time isn't just 24 hours, like our days."
"Here, look at what it says in Genesis 1:3-5, the first book of the Bible."  I reach over for my Bible that we had laid previously on a gravestone when we had our picnic discussion.  "Then God said, 'Let there be light'; and there was light.  And God saw that the light was good; and God separated the light from the darkness.  And God called the light day, and the darkness He called night.  And there was evening and there was morning, one day.'
"You see, boys, God made the first day to be the time when the sun shone between the darkness.  The time He set into place when He created the earth, based on the motion of the sun and moon in a 24-hour period, is the very same time schedule that we still use.  And He says that He created the earth and everything in it in six days and rested on the seventh day.
"In verses 16-18, God tells us He made the sun and moon to "govern the day and the night."  It is very important to remember that God is able to do anything He wants to do.  Nothing is too hard for Him and everything He tells us in His Word is true."
Big C nods in agreement.  "Yes, I see, Grandma.  I love God."
"I know you do, Sweetie."
"Me, too, Gamma!"
I put my arms around both of my precious grandsons and we squeeze into a group hug!





No comments:

Post a Comment