"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

KEY RB#2: WHERE ARE YOU GOING?



As we begin our new journey deeper into the Land of Abundant Life, I find myself frantically hunting through various compartments in my trusty, lavender vehicle for a road map.  Up until this time, the roadways have been laid out neatly and orderly with prominent signs.  Now I find myself at the start of a new path with many twists and turns.   I'm confused.  No one that I’ve met in this Land has given me any instructions or directions.  I don't know where I am going!
Another scary thought just occurred to me.  If I don’t know where I’m going . . . what my destination is . . . how am I supposed to get there?  All this time, I’ve wandered in the Land, experiencing new discoveries and pleasures . . . finding answers.  Yet, now that I am preparing to journey into the depths of the Land where I hope to discover hidden treasures of wisdom and insight, I am confronted with uncertainty and questions. Where am I going?  Which way do I turn?  How do I know I’m on the right road?  And exactly what is my destination?  
There really is no point in beginning to travel if I don't know where I expect to end my journey!
I remember as a child, my daddy always knew the right direction.  You could place him in the middle of a tall cornfield and he could tell you which way was north, south, east or west.  My mother, however, was just the opposite.  Although she was a very intelligent and competent woman, she could easily get lost because she didn’t have an inborn sense of direction.  Her best friend, Shirley, was also directionally challenged.  Since the two women were my primary role models, I grew up thinking that it was unfeminine to know where I was! 
I guess I’d better make a decision soon or I could just sit here forever clueless as to which way to turn.  But I can’t do this alone.  I need guidance from someone who has been deep into the Land, someone who knows the way.   
Isn’t it a shame that this well-built and classy-looking vehicle doesn’t contain a road map?  The only piece of literature in it is my Bible, which goes with me everywhere. 
Of course, that's it!  The Bible is my Road Map!  There is SomeOne who has gone ahead of me and SomeOne who knows the way.  God provided His Road Map, the Bible, to set before me a choice of destinations as I journey through Life.  And if I choose His Way, He will lead me every step along the correct route.
I realize now that I already made my choice of a destination when I entered the Land of Abundant Living.  By reading God’s Word, I learned that I could choose to proceed to the Kingdom of Light, ruled by God’s Son, Jesus, the Life-giver.  Or I could go to the Kingdom of Darkness, ruled by Satan, the Life-taker.  "For He delivered us from the domain of darkness, and transferred us to the kingdom of His beloved Son."  Colossians 1:13
Come on, this is a no-brainer!  Why would I choose the dark kingdom where my life will be stolen from me?  Why on earth would anyone choose it above the Kingdom of Light?  And yet, so many people do that very thing. . . it doesn’t seem logical to me. 
Maybe some answers await me as I journey on.   
But once again, my mind is at rest.  I remember when I first entered the Land of Abundant Living, Christ met me at the Door and told me that the only way to enter was through the blood of Jesus, which He gave willingly on the cross because of the Father’s tremendous love for me.  So I am safe.   I have nothing to fear. I will follow God’s Road Map all the way to the Kingdom of Light. 

Fellow traveler  on the Road of Life, have you also been through the Doorway of Christ’s blood?  Have you made the decision of your destination as you travel through Life?  Have you confessed your sins against a holy, loving God and accepted His free gift that will transfer you from the Kingdom of Darkness to the Kingdom of Light?  Will you join me in the Land of Abundant Living and travel towards the best Kingdom?
“. . . I have set before you life and death, the blessing and the curse.  So choose life in order that you may live, you and your descendants.”  Deuteronomy 30:19b
Do YOU know where you are going? Do you know how to get there?
I hope you join me next week when we take the first road on our journey into the depths of the Land of Abundant Living!

No comments:

Post a Comment