"I'd like you to join me on Wednesdays as together we examine ideas and concepts on how to truly Live Life and experience all this life has to offer. I believe that when we walk with God, He enables us to live beyond the limits we see ahead on our path, growing and stretching us to heights and lengths we never thought possible! Please come along and see what God has is store for us on this journey through life!"
Love, Linda

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

KEY RB#6: LETTER FROM A BABY


"Life does not begin at birth.  Birth is only a change in the place of residence."  (Unknown author)
Traveling onward along the deeper road in The Land of Abundant Living, I now spot a sign which reads "Detour."  I sigh.  Will I ever reach my destination?  But then, isn't the journey part of the destination?  So I rewind my mind and turn on the "eager" switch, wondering what wisdom this new road will reveal to me.  It doesn't take long to find out.
The view changes as I approach a "pull off"rest area where I can get a tremendous look at the whole scene in the grasslands beneath me.  I park my dependable lavender vehicle and hop out to pier over the railing.
What a happy sight!  The entire landscape is filled with children . . . most of whom are at play.  Mothers carry their babies and some toddlers.  The sounds of childish laughter delight my senses and flood my heart with joy.   I do so love children, especially my two wonderful grandsons.  And now we are anticipating the birth of their little sister which will bring even more joy to our family.
I watch as the children interact or entertain themselves.  They are of all nationalities, skin color, sizes and . . . oh, my!  Some of them are so tiny.  I squint my eyes and lean partially over the railing for a closer look. How can such small children be alive?  Their mothers caress them tenderly in their arms.  No, wait!  Some hold their babies in their arms, but other babies seem to be attached to their mother's tummies.  Impossible!  But of course!
The light in my foggy brain clicks on again.  In the Land of Abundant LivingI am somehow permitted to see even the tiny ones still in their mother's wombs.  My eyes catch the minutest of the babies in all stages of development, from conception and on.  How sweet!  There's one tiny one sucking his thumb.  And over there are two incredibly small sisters with their tiny arms wrapped around each other, fast asleep.   Then another one . . . a little boy who is jumping and kicking.  Oh, my, his mommy holds her tummy with one hand and beckons an older child to her side.  Must be the baby's sister.  She runs excitedly to pat her mom's tummy and smiles up at her.
This precious scene has stirred my heart, but I must move on.  Nightfall is approaching and I do want to reach a guest house before darkness falls.  As I turn, a small white envelope on the ground catches my eye.  Curiously, I pick it up.  It is addressed to "Grown-Up Friend."  That must mean me!  I am a grown-up and definitely consider myself a friend to children.
I tear open the envelope and pull out a fragile piece of stationery with flowing waves of pinks and blues forming a pastel background.  The note is written with small but perfect lettering.  I read:
Dear Grown-up Friend,
Have you ever received a letter from a baby before?  I know it's unusual, but I am determined to share my thoughts and feelings with you.  You see, I am a lot like you.  I have two arms and two legs, ten fingers and ten toes, a mind eager to learn and similar desires for health and happiness.  My needs are simple but urgent.  I need someone to take care of me, to love, encourage and support me until I am able to care for myself.
But I will not only take from you.  I can also give.  I am capable of showing much affection to those who are dear to me.  As the years go by, I will often be stubborn and demand my own way.  Please remember that I am trying to find my own identity and discover my limits.
I have a tremendous potential for acquiring knowledge.  When I am grown, I will be able to use this knowledge along with my creative abilities to enrich mankind and improve the life style for many.
But first . . . I have to be born.
                     Please give me that chance.
With love, A Little Person      "For You have formed my inward parts; You have covered me in my mother's womb.  
I will praise You,  for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; marvelous are Your works."  Psalm 139:13-14      
Copyright 2012 Linda Ruth Stai-author and inspirational speaker

No comments:

Post a Comment